Updated as of 2nd Nov 2023
If you are booking a trip that will take place anywhere except in the U.S., then “Daytrip” shall mean DAYTRIP EUROPE LTD, 41 Devonshire Street, London, United Kingdom, W1G 7AJ, which operates in and from Czechia through its registered branch DAYTRIP EUROPE Ltd - odštěpný závod, Id. No. 06160531, Běhounská 5/18, Brno-město, 602 00 Brno, Czechia (further also as “Daytrip Global”).
If you are booking a trip that will take place in the U.S., then “Daytrip” shall mean DAYTRIP, INC., a Delaware corporation, 838 Walker Road Suite 21-2, Dover, Delaware 19904 (further also as “Daytrip US”).
The controller of your data is the respective Daytrip company, as an operator of the Platform and the Driver (as defined in the Terms), as a provider of Transport Services (as defined in the Terms) which you are booking, if applicable (Daytrip and the Driver further referred to as “Data Controller”). You may reach each Data Controller at their registered address or at the email email@example.com.
Daytrip processes your data for the following purposes:
(1) To provide the Booking Services: We process your data in order to fulfill our contractual obligations to you under the Terms. This includes an obligation to connect you as the User with the Driver; to send you notifications about your booking. This is the fulfillment of the contract between you and Daytrip. For this purpose, we may use your data that you have provided to us or will provide in the future by ordering or using the Booking Services, in particular User’s email address, Passengers’ names and contact details and details about the booking, in particular departure and destination details, stops and pricing and payment details. Once you complete the booking and verify your email address, we will maintain your Account (as defined in the Terms), so that you can manage and check your booking(s). If you start a booking but do not complete it, we will send you an email allowing you to complete the booking. This is a pre-contractual arrangement.
(2) To send newsletters: If you make a booking and have not refused receiving newsletters, Daytrip may occasionally send you such a newsletter because it is our legitimate interest. You can reject newsletters when making a booking – just leave a note “no newsletters” or similar note in the section for special requirements. You can also unsubscribe anytime later, as described below. If you have subscribed to the Daytrip newsletter even without making the booking, we will occasionally send you a newsletter about our Booking Services to fulfill your order.
(3) To protect our rights. We may need to process your information to claim or protect our rights. Such purpose is our legitimate interest and we may use your information that you have provided to us or will provide in the future by ordering or using the Booking Services.
(4) To promote our Booking Services, Transport Services and the Platform. If you submit a review of the Booking Services, Transport Service or the Platform, we may process the personal information included in such a review to promote our Booking Services, Transport Service and the Platform. This is our legitimate interest.
(5) To improve our Booking Services, Transport Services and the Platform. We can use details about your use of the Platform or Booking Services or Transport Service to improve our Booking Services, Transport Services and the Platform. We also record phone calls between you and our customer care. This is our legitimate interest.
(6) To analyze and optimize our marketing efforts. We can use your identification details in hashed (pseudonymized) form to analyze and optimize our marketing efforts via Google’s enhanced conversion feature. This is our legitimate interest.
Please refer to our Cookies Policy (https://daytrip.com/cookies-policy) to see how we process cookies and other storage technologies.
The Driver processes your data:
(A) To provide you with the Transport Service. That is a fulfillment of a contract between you and the Driver. For this purpose, the Driver may use your data that you have provided to us or to the Driver or will provide in the future, to the extent necessary for the Transport Service.
(B) To protect Driver’s rights. Drivers may need to process your information to claim or protect their rights. Such purpose is their legitimate interest and the Driver may use your information that you have provided to us or to the Driver or will provide in the future by ordering or using the Booking Services or Transport Services.
If you disclose any personal information to the Driver during the Transport Services, the Driver may further process it as agreed between you and the Driver.
Data according to subparagraph (1) and (A) - provision of services - will be processed until the Booking Services and Transport Services are fully completed and there are no outstanding obligations. We will keep your Account active until you ask us to delete it.
Data according to subparagraph (2) - sending newsletters - will be processed until you refuse receiving newsletters.
Data according to subparagraph (3), (4), (5), (6) and (B) - protection of our and the Driver’s rights and promotion and improvement and marketing of our services - will be processed until the legitimate interest lasts.
We may transmit your data to Drivers and to our suppliers who provide us with IT, marketing and other support services, always in accordance with the above-mentioned purposes. If we transmit your data outside of the EU, protection of the data will be ensured under standard contractual clauses. Additional information may be obtained on the European Commission's websites. We may transmit your data to authorities, to the extent required by applicable laws.
Legal rules on personal data protection guarantee you various rights in the area of personal data protection: To the extent guaranteed by legal rules on personal data protection - especially GDPR – You may request access to your data from us (information about what your specific data we process and how do we work with them); you may request restriction of the processing your data (which means that we do not delete the data but we will not work with them); you may request data deletion and correction (always if the legal conditions are met); and you also have the right to object to the processing of data and you may exercise your right to data portability. To exercise any of these rights, contact us via the contact details stated above - the easiest way is to send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we would be glad to help you exercise your rights. If you believe that we are violating legal rules by processing your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the national supervising authority.
Objections against processing: If you do not want to be receiving our newsletters, you may refuse it. The easiest way is to use the link that is in each newsletter, or you can send us an objection by email or letter and by making a note, even when you register. If you refuse such processing, we will stop sending you newsletters. You may also refuse other processing based on a legitimate interest and we will limit processing, unless we prove serious and qualified legitimate reasons for processing.
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), Daytrip and Drivers are required to inform California residents who are Users or Passengers about the categories of personal information we collect about you and the purposes for which we will use this information. We collect information which the User gives us at the booking, in particular User’s email address, Passengers’ names and contact details and details about the booking, in particular departure and destination details, stops and pricing and payment details. We use and disclose the personal information we collect for our business purposes as identified in the CCPA for communicating with you about the Services as well as for legal compliance, performing services, internal operations, protection against security incidents and activities to improve and maintain our business. California residents have the right to request that we disclose what personal information we collect from you, to delete that information, and to opt-out of the sale of your personal information, subject to certain restrictions. We do not, and will not, sell your personal information.